Lexia Reading Core 5 at School and Home
West Side School is using Lexia Reading Core5™, a web-based reading program that provides the targeted practice and instruction students need to develop their reading skills. As an added benefit, students can use Lexia Reading Core5 at home.
Important! Please allow your child to work independently at his or her own pace. Provide encouragement, but don’t give away the answers!
Getting started is easy!
Go directly to West Side School’s Lexia Reading Core5 portal (click below):
- Allow or help your child to login. The student username and password is the same login they use at school.
- Please try to ensure an average of 20-30 minutes per session. We recommend that usage be kept to a reasonable level – not too short and not too long.
If somehow the West Side School link is not accessible, you can go to www.lexiacore5.com and follow these instructions:
- The first time you access Core5 from this link, you must set up your device:
- Click the Student/Parent button.
- Type in your teacher’s email (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and click the arrow button to continue.
- Student Username & password: (Ask your teacher if you don’t remember it.)
- You will not have to set up again unless you delete the browser’s “cookie” files.
Some helpful technical details:
- Create a bookmark for this web address or add it as a favorite.
- You will see a link to download Adobe Flash Player if you do not have it.
Flash Player 11 or higher is required.
- If you have a slow Internet connection and have speed issues, you can download the Core5 software to your computer instead of using the website. Go to www.lexialearning.com and click Downloads at the top of the page.
- iPad and iPad Mini users can download the Core5 app from the App store. Search for “Lexia Reading Core5.”
Need more help getting started? Go to www.lexialearning.com and click Support.
Parents: Learn more about Lexia Core5 free school-to-home access http://lexialearning.com/lexiasupport/school-to-home/