Parent Tour and Observation Days
On January 18th – 20th we will be hosting classroom observations for interested parents for the Kindergarten class of 2022-23 at 8:30, 9:15, and 10:30 each morning. Please email [email protected] to schedule an observation or for more information. An evening meeting will be held on January 19th 6:00-6:45 for parents. The Kindergarten, First Grade, and Sixth Grade teachers will share great information about the opportunities available to West Side students, and parents will tour the campus. We look forward to meeting you and to showing off West Side’s excellent educational experience!
West Side maintains one classroom per grade level, offering unique enrichment programs and a warm and supportive environment for learning. Kindergarteners must turn five by September 1st. For the 2021-22 school year, Transitional Kindergarten is open to district residents turning five between September 2 and December 2. As we move towards California's universal TK in the 2022-23 school year, TK is open to district residents turning five between September 2 and February 2. TKers are served within the Kindergarten class.
How to Enroll
In-district students have priority in registration. To start the enrollment process, contact Susanne at 707.433.3923 extension 10 or by emailing [email protected] Over two thirds of West Side students come from outside the district. Families should start the process of applying for enrollment in Kindergarten - Sixth Grade by submitting an inter-district transfer form through their school of residence. A lottery is held at the February Board Meeting for out-of-district residents to fill the available openings in Kindergarten. Most of our students continue through Sixth Grade but occasionally there are openings in First - Sixth grades so please contact us if you're interested.
- Registration ENGLISH SPANISH
- Housing Questionnaire ENGLISH/SPANISH
- Language Questionnaire ENGLISH/SPANISH
Required forms are available in the West Side office and by clicking on link below. By August 5, 2022, please provide:
- Physician’s Report of Health ENGLISH/SPANISH
- Student Health History ENGLISH/SPANISH
- Immunization Requirements: for more information, see the CA Dept of Health Services’ Website here.
- Oral Health Report ENGLISH/SPANISH
- Immunization Exemption Information
- California law requires schools to maintain the privacy of students’ health information.
- Your child’s identity will not be associated with any report produced as a result of these requirements.
- If economic circumstances are preventing you from obtaining the above requirements, you may be eligible for assistance.