EVERY Wednesday is Early Release!
ALL Grades dismissal at 1:40 pm
Announcements and Upcoming Events:
These two talented writers were selected from West Side to read at the Healdsburg Jazz Black History Month Program at the Raven Theater on Friday, February 27: Leilani Navarro and Clair Conard (click thumbnail for full text)
- Thursday, 3/5 Assembly – Jump Rope for Hearts
- Grades K-3 9:00; Grades 4-6 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday, 3/3 – DayLight Savings Begins!
- Spring Forward! Set your clocks!
- Tuesday, 3/17 – Sonoma County Fairgrounds Field Trip
- Grades 2-4-5, 8:30-12:30
- Tuesday, 3/17 – Asian Art Museum Field Trip
- Grade 6, 8:45 - 4:30
- Wednesday, 3/18 School Site Council
- Library, 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, 3/18 FEF Meeting
- Felta School House, 5:30 pm
- Friday, 3/20 MINIMUM DAY
- 12:00 Release for all students
- Monday, 3/23 - Friday, 3/27 NO SCHOOL
- SPRING BREAK
- FEF is looking for 2 new members to help support our school.
- Please contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org, or join us at our next meeting.
- School Site Council Parent Members Needed
- Our school is required to have five parents on our Site Council. We need three more parents!
If you have not found a way to contribute to your school, this could be the perfect opportunity.
Contact Principal Bellmer for more information.
- YEARBOOK: Link to yearbook page
Yearbook Photos (deadline 4/3) ~
- Do you have photos you’d like to submit for consideration in the 2014/15 West Side yearbook?
If you have photos of School Activities:
Classroom, Playground, Winter Program, Field Trips, Spirit Days, Plays, Art Projects, Music, Assemblies, etc., we’d like to see them, so please upload them!
- Yearbook Online Ordering (deadline 4/23) ~
- Order your yearbooks online! (Only online orders can be personalized.)
(see yearbook page for details)
- Welcome New West Side School Board Members!
- We welcome our newest board members, Edward McCutchan and Pat Bertapelle.
See the article in the Healdsburg Tribune (link)
- Saturdaym, April 11 is the date for our annual fundraiser:
“Gather ‘Round: Celebrate West Side School”
- Mark your calendars! Also, consider Silent Auction donations (see flyer).
- Kindergarten Registration
- If you have a child entering kindergarten next year you will need to register by March 1.
Please call Maggie Haga at 707-433-3923 x 24 or email email@example.com
Sixth Graders challenging themselves during the Hour of Code as part of Computer Science Education Week.
Healdsburg Kiwanis brought a dictionary for each third grader today (Nov. 6).
Harvest Time at West Side
The first grade class takes care of the school chickens. This morning they scrambled up some eggs and shared in their nutritious bounty.
Kindergarteners making applesauce with parent volunteer.
West Side students served up scrambled eggs by board president, Ann Davis.
- Do not post pictures of West Side students on social media without parents’ permission
- Safety Reminder:
- Use crosswalks at all times, and Remember to SLOW DOWN and stay OFF the cell phones!
Help us support West Side enrichment programs this year by taking a few minutes to join our community effort. Many of these programs are at no cost to you and involve purchases your family is already making. Extended family and friends can also join in!
Easy Ways to Support West Side and the FEF
Please sign up for these very easy money makers for our school. Without any added cost, retailers will contribute to our school programs. Anyone is welcome to sign up. You may sign up on the official websites by clicking on their links, or go to eScrip.com, smile.amazon.com, or target.com/tcoe., or come into the office and we’ll help you get set up.
Enrichment Programs – FEF
Your generous donations fund our art, music, library, technology, garden and field trips.
Thank you for your support!
Follow the link for Online Safety Information, Activities, and Resources:
Suggestions are always welcome -- email: firstname.lastname@example.org