Even though we are experiencing very difficult times and uncharted territory, I hope that this email finds you and your family well.
This email has very important information regarding the next two weeks while students are learning at home so please read closely. Also, please continue to check your email, texts, and phone for updates.
- Due to Shelter in Place, the school will be open Monday-Friday from 9 am-2pm. Essential staff like certificated teachers, the office manager, business manager, maintenance/janitorial, and administration will report to work. Teachers may work from home during this time.
- If you have school business, please call or email the office instead of visiting.
- It is possible that the current Shelter in Place may be extended. Therefore, all social events and school-related events shall be cancelled through the month of April.
- Even after the order is lifted, a social distancing order will continue, as shared by SCOE.
- We may need to cancel, postpone or modify events like Dia Del Nino, Open House and Promotion due to the challenges associated with ensuring social distancing protocols for large crowds.
Grab and Go Lunches CORRECTION:
Breakfast and lunch will be in the same grab and go bag.
These will be available for curbside pick up at West Side School not HUSD between 9:30 and 10:30.
Please call our school office at 707-433-3923 on Monday March 23rd in the morning by 9 am or email email@example.com with the following information so HUSD knows how many grab and go bags to prepare.
- Student Name
- Which days lunch will be needed from March 23-April 3rd.
If you have medication in the school office that your child needs, please call the office to arrange a time to pick it up.
After Care: This is canceled. Please contact Ms. Leila at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding programming or billing.
Teachers will complete these Monday, March 23rd, and then they will be mailed to families.
Distance Learning: Lesson Plans from March 23 to April 3, 2020:
- Teachers are hard at work preparing lessons for your children through April 3rd.
- The focus will be English Language Arts (embedded science), Math, and Social Studies, and other activities that teachers deem necessary.
- A cover letter will be provided to families with information regarding the assignments.
- Lessons will be flexible given that there may be multiple children in the home and different levels of support and/or supervision.
- These will be posted online and delivered to your home on Tuesday, March 26th.
Students with IEPs and 504s
The special education team is coordinating efforts with general education teachers and information will be provided to families regarding services by the special education staff.
Technology and Supplemental Materials
- Teachers have been provided with a comprehensive list of online resources, and may refer to some of them in their lessons. However, these are supplemental learning activities and NOT required.
- A list of online resources will be sent in a separate email.
- Computers are in the process of being cleaned and will not be sent home at this time.
Access to Technology
Several internet providers recognize the need for families to have access to technology, whether devices or the Internet. This information will be sent in a separate email.
West Side is committed to our families, especially during this trying time. Please reach out to your child’s teacher or myself if you have any questions.
West Side Superintendent-Principal